Skip to content

Egg Tuesday – Phoenix morning news, mom bloggers, and farm to table eggs.

March 9, 2010

As the spokesperson for the incredible edible egg and America’s egg farmers I blog about cooking eggs every Tuesday.

What a great two days! I got to do everything I love; a cooking demo on the morning news and then an interactive cooking session with mom bloggers from around the country. As part of the “Good Egg Project,” an effort by America’s egg farmers to educate people about where eggs come from and feed the hungry in the process, mom bloggers toured Hickman’s Family Farms in Phoenix, AZ. As part of the tour, I did a cooking demo along with Howard Helmer (the omelet King and world record holder) and spent some time cooking eggs with the moms. We showed them some simple, quick egg recipes that they could share with their readers. A nacho toad in the hole and a breakfast grilled cheese.

We talked about the basics of egg cookery:

1. Use a non-stick pan.

2. A touch of butter or oil. Melted and hot before you add the eggs.

3. Medium heat. High heat yields tough, curdled eggs. Lower heat gives you light, tender fluffy eggs.

If you remember those three things you’re well on your way to perfect omelets, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and more. I was impressed with how passionate the moms were about their blogs and their ability to make a positive impact on so many peoples lives. That is what it is all about!

When we got cooking we had a blast. In no time the moms were flipping eggs without the use of a spatula, making tender, light fluffy omelets, and preparing our nacho toad in the hole and breakfast grilled cheese with ease. It was also interesting to hear the moms’ take on egg farming. I think they had a whole new appreciation for what the 2 percent (the farmers) go through to produce the food for the other 98 percent of us. Check out their blogs to see what they’re saying about the tour:

MOMFormation

This Mama Cooks!

All American Mommy

The Parents with Style

The Mama Zone

Double Bugs

Family Fresh Cooking

Healthy Tasty Chow

Eclectic Cook
Feed the hungry by making a pledge (no cost) to eat good and do good everyday.  America’s egg farmers are donating up to one million eggs to feed the hungry.

Eat Well, Enjoy life, Be happy

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. March 10, 2010 3:59 pm

    yeah!!! It is so fun reading everyone’s re-cap from such a great trip to Phoenix.

    • Jeffrey Saad permalink
      March 11, 2010 7:36 am

      Hello Marla, Absolutely. Looking forward to the next one! Best, Jeffrey 🙂

  2. March 14, 2010 6:09 pm

    Loved the cooking tips and the hospitality! Thanks for teaching me the toad in hole “Nacho Style”..my kids love it. I will soon be posting some pictures!!!

    • Jeffrey Saad permalink
      March 15, 2010 6:26 am

      Thanks Shanda, Great to meet you! Let me know how it turns out. Best, Jeffrey 🙂

  3. March 26, 2010 11:01 pm

    i honestly adore all your posting taste, very interesting.
    don’t give up and keep creating simply because it just simply nicely to read it,
    looking forward to looked over a lot more of your own content articles, enjoy your day 🙂

    • Jeffrey Saad permalink
      March 29, 2010 10:09 am

      Hello UtisyBicsTuff, Thank you so much for the support! I have no intention of stopping! Thanks for reading and have a great week! Jeffrey

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s